Roth conversions have always had the potential to unlock hidden value. However, in 2022 may be an especially effective year to consider a conversion as many expect market volatility and marginal tax rate increases seem clearly on the horizon.
Moreover, the SECURE Act expands the impact of Roth conversions beyond a quantitative arbitrage game to a strategic estate planning issue. The shift from life expectancy distributions to a 10-year distribution is at its core a mathematical problem. Therefore, quantitative driven strategies can mitigate the impact of lost deferral and Roth conversions will be the primary tool for most families.
- Dollar-cost averaged Roth conversions
- Planning a series of Roth conversions over several years
- Repaying coronavirus-related distributions to a Roth Account
- Critical Roth conversion concepts after SECURE
- 10+ Reasons to convert to a Roth IRA
- Taxation of Roth IRA conversions and distributions
- Mathematics of Roth IRA conversions
- Why a Roth IRA is more estate tax efficient
- Using life insurance to hedge Roth conversions and protect “inherited” IRAs by providing liquidity
Who Should Attend?
- CFOs and Controllers
- CPAs and Enrolled Agents
- Accounts payable and Accounting Managers
- Tax Attorneys and Other Tax Professionals