Tax compliance issues at death are sometimes confusing to practitioners because many lack experience in this area. This course provides you with a practical understanding of the issues involved in preparing the federal estate tax return, Form 706; the federal gift tax return, Form 709; and the decedent’s final federal income tax return, Form 1040.
- Identify the major components of Form 709
- Identify compliance issues
- Recognize the importance of the information items and questions on Form 709
- Understand proper asset valuation compliance
- Understand split gift compliance
- Understand tax calculation
- How to prepare a federal gift tax return (Form 709)
- How to comply with “Portability”
- Issues involved in the preparation of the decedent’s final federal income tax return (Form 1040)
- Various post-mortem estate planning issues involved in the preparation of the above-mentioned tax returns
- Complete understanding of estate and gift taxation
Who Should Attend?
- Enrolled Agents
- Tax Attorneys
- Other Tax Professionals who advise clients on tax, retirement and estate planning, and other wealth management matters.
Session Prerequisites and preparation: None
Recommended CPE credit – 4.0
Recommended field of study – Tax
Session learning level: Basic to intermediate
Delivery method: Group Internet Based
Pioneer Educator is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.