OH!! NO!!! What can I do about these Bed Bugs!
Bed Bugs continue to plague all of the Affordable Housing Industry. We must learn how to get it under control. But how do we know where to begin? What will be my best approach?
As this has become a rising problem in this country, we need to arm ourselves with the knowledge and tools to combat this problem. We need to know HUD’s position on this issue and what is expected of owner/agents by HUD to continue to be compliant in all areas.
In this session, expert speaker Debbie Hixon, will discuss the HUD's take on the problem of bed bug infestations in housing.
Comprehensive discussion of how to tackle the bed bug problem from chemical, physical and behavioral viewpoints and suggestions. Also considered, how and with whom collaboration is a key factor to successful results. In view of the seriousness of this problem, we discuss the barriers to fighting this problem and what tools can be used to break down these barriers.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- What change has HUD made to inspectors when conducting a REAC inspection?
- Do we notify our residents if there is an infestation in our building? If so, how?
- What is the responsibility of owner/agents upon discovering there is a problem with bed bugs?
- What are some of the major challenges to success with this problem?
- What are potential solutions to these challenges?
- What training tools can we use and how?
Who will benefit:
- Maintenance personnel
- All housing staff
- Anyone responsible for eliminating this problem
- Service Coordinators
- Property Manager
- Housing Authority Directors
- Facility Professionals