This training will go into depth of how to effectively manage a waiting list. HUD has very particular rules about waiting lists and we will cover the rules so that your property and managers will be in compliance with the regulations.
Incorrect management of waiting list will affect you as for a compliance review and also can pose some fair housing issues as well. You will understand what to do and not to do in working with waiting lists.
You will learn the correct way to handle waiting lists according to HUD guidelines. There are many nuances to doing this correctly and after attending the seminar you will have a good understanding of managing the waiting list.
- Key Regulations
- Admission to the waiting list
- Income targeting
- Removal from the waiting list
- Family size
- Taking Applications for Occupancy
- Matching Applicants on the Waiting List to Available Units
- Creating and Maintaining Waiting Lists
- Opening and Closing the Waiting List
- Placing Families with Disabled Family Members
- Documenting Changes to Waiting Lists
- Updating Waiting List Information
- Removing Names from the Waiting List
- Reinstating Applicants to the Waiting List
Who Will Benefit:
- Property Managers
- Property owners
- Maintenance Staff
- Leasing Consultants