Are you aware of the key changes HR needs to know that went into effect in 2017? Did you know that it's been revised again? Are you aware of the new changes released on July 17, 2017 by the USCIS? Second time this year!
You need to be in compliance with the new changes effective September 18, 2017.The government takes employment eligibility seriously today, more than ever before. Organizations cannot risk clerical mistakes or lack of knowledge on the laws pertaining to I-9 compliance. This webinar will explain how to stay compliant with the law regarding the provisions of the IRCA and the related I-9 regulations to avoid lawsuits, significant fines and even criminal penalties.
We know that we need an I-9 form for each individual who works for us. But are you sure about the procedures to follow to fill out I-9 forms? Would you like to learn what you need to do to pass an I-9 audit with an A+?
This course will take participants through the compliance obligations given under the IRCA, best practices to conduct a self-audit of your I-9 forms, storage and retention of I-9 forms, and when to re-verify.
Other key learning and takeaways from this webinar will include:
- How to avoid violating the I-9 anti-discrimination provision
- Meeting the latest requirements for e-verification programs
- Differentiating technical violations from substantive violation
- 2017 I-9 Form changes
- Compliance obligations under IRCA
- How to conduct a self-audit of your I-9 forms
- How to properly correct errors or missing data on the I-9 forms
- How to accurately complete an I-9 form to determine worker identity and eligibility
- Storage and retention of I-9 forms
- Best practices for I-9 compliance
- Who can help a new hire fill out section 1 on the I-9 form
- How to avoid personal liability when you sign an I-9 form
- Who is not required to complete an I-9 form
- Examining documents genuineness
- Receipt rule
- Copying documents
- When to re-verify
Who Will Benefit:
- Human resources professionals
- Compliance officers
- Managers or supervisors
- Business owners
- Anyone responsible for completing I-9 forms for their companies