Employee mental illness is a reasonable accommodation under ADA which can put you and your business into Costly Litigations and Lawsuites. Learn the Skills to handle this situation under ADA compliance.
Everyone has that friend who’s a little ‘off’. We all have a family member who’s a little ‘different’. That could be because 1 in 4 people in this country can be diagnosed with mental Illness. During your job you may have to respond to a situation involving someone with a mental illness, and if you do not handle with the right knowledge and skillset. You may end up paying for more than just furniture and bumps and bruises. You company, or even yourself could face significant legal action. According to the DMEC, an estimated 43.8 million Americans age 18 or older suffer some form of mental health issue.
Mental Illness can appear in different forms at the workplace like Addiction, depression, bipolar disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) which are considered as a disability under the ADA. Some U.S. companies are developing programs to provide more support for employees with mental health illness governed by the ADA. The indirect cost of untreated mental illness is estimated to be as high as $100 billion per year, according to the National Business Group on Health.
During the course of this presentation; Jim Zalud will teach you the skills and knowledge you need to effectively notice; control, and deescalate a crisis situation with a person with mental illness. You will learn the dos and don’ts of these situations. How to build a strategy for such things and all of the resources available to you; to make sure that fully understand the issues, as well as reducing the likelihood of danger and legal action. Employers need to assess how they could protect colleagues and customers from an employee whose mental illness may pose a safety threat. The biggest challenge for employers is finding a balance between accommodating mentally ill workers and providing a safe place for all. Early detection and treatment of mental illness can prevent a crisis and reduce long-term employer health care costs.
- Understand the growth and gravity of Mental Illness
- Learn about the phases like SDC, ADA etc. involved in resolving mental illness issues
- Identify procedures that will likely produce a positive crisis outcome
- Learn how to physically control a mentally ill person in crisis
- Understand the faces and gestures of people with mental illness
- Identify resources that will provide more depth of understanding of mental illness crises situations, and how to achieve a positive outcome both physically, and fiscally
- Learn how mental illness will increase your empathy
- Save your corporation from litigation, in the event your actions result in a lawsuit
- This webinar gives you an overall understanding of Mental Illness
- Learn to increase your confidence, vision, and productivity in a mental illness crisis situation
Who Will Benefit:
- Families and Friends of People with Mental Illness
- Police Officers, Fire Fighters, and Public Administrative Personnel
- Educators, School Nurses, School Bus Drivers, and Crossing Guards
- Doctors, Nurses, and Hospital Administrative Personnel
- Business Executives, Managers, and Supervisors
- HR Professionals, Office Managers
- Mall Executives, Store Managers, and Security Personnel