Bomb threats and active shooter incidents occur shockingly often, in America. Learn how to deal with such a situation in your workplace, and how to prepare your team to take tactical action when faced with such a situation.
NYC gets 100 threats communicated every day, on an average. Of these, 6 result in deployment of the NYPD bomb squad. This happens every day, and mostly at workplaces. You may not be in NYC, but bomb threats occur everywhere, and are a possibility.
Active Shooter incidents are on the rise, having quadrupled in 2013-16, as compared to the last five years’ average. 70% of shootings happen at workplaces. Active shooters chiefly target malls, high rise buildings, healthcare institutions, factories, and campuses. At each site, your response will have to be different.
Learn how to react if confronted by such a situation, and what best practices are to be adopted. Learn about the likely perpetrator and his motives, and also learn how to prepare and train your team for dealing with such situations. You need an efficient team, and for that, you need to pick your team members wisely. This webinar will teach you how to choose which employees to train, and how to train them. You will also learn how to tell a hoax from a real threat, and how to resolve the problem and ensure everyone’s safety through tactical handling and response. Another important point which our speaker will take you through is what your responsibilities as an employer are, as entailed by the law.
- Understand the employer’s responsibility, as stated by the law
- Learn the best practices when dealing with such threats
- Learn to train your employees, and prepare for tactical response
- Find out how to distinguish a hoax from a real threat
- Find out what your command, control and communications issues are
- Decide which employees to train, and how to train them
- Learn the role of the police and fire departments in your planning, training and drills
Who will benefit:
- Top Management
- HR Professionals
- Emergency Prep Coordinators
- Safety Management Professionals
- Threat Assessment Teams
- Workplace Violence Prevention Personnel
- Anyone interested in identifying, preventing and resolving workplace violence