Complex Garnishment Laws: Are You in Compliance?
The federal government’s national standard of child support is rife with deadlines, filing procedures, and penalties for violations. On top of this, your payroll department must also master the applicable state laws that can differ from the national requirements. Add on the standard Income Withholding Order (IWO) and medical support orders—and it’s enough to make your head spin.
Join payroll education specialist Vicki M. Lambert, CPP for a live webinar where she demystifies child support and other garnishments. Vicki will step you through an IWO and its requirements. You’ll learn both federal and state laws, so you can determine which applies to the child support withholding order. This webinar includes examples of calculating child support, and it teaches best practices for processing all garnishments, not just child support.
Attending this webinar will provide you with the knowledge to appropriately apply state and federal laws when withholding monies for child support and processing medical support orders. You’ll know specific requirements for child support, including deduction limits, deadlines, filing procedures, and administrative fees. You will feel confident that your newfound skills will save your company from the penalties and fines that come from violations.
This webinar will empower you to:
- Apply all the must-know federal requirements for your payroll department
- Understand how state requirements affect child support
- Take garnishments when an employee has current support orders, medical support orders, and arrearages
- Handle child support for terminated employees
- Go paperless with child support by receiving electronic withholding orders and paying by EFT
- Calculate the withholding and prioritizing the order of distribution when an employee has more than one type of garnishment
Who Should Attend:
- Payroll professionals
- Human Resources professionals
- Accounting personnel
- Business Owners