Learn how to update policies and leave administration practices to ensure compliance with paid sick leave laws in effect nationwide.
President Trump has signed the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) into law.
The FFCRA builds on an $8.3 billion emergency coronavirus spending package enacted into law on March 6 and deals with the immediate public health crisis the COVID-19 pandemic is causing, including many provisions that will have a direct impact on employers nationwide. These provisions deal with family and medical leave and emergency paid sick leave (as well as unemployment benefits).
Couple this with the fact that so many states and cities now enacting paid sick leave laws, multistate employers may be left scrambling to understand how newly passed legislation affects their organizations and intersects with other types of leave
This training will teach all attendees how to manage all the leave, paid leave, PTO and other leave and how they overlap with the FFCRA.
- After attending this webinar, you'll be able to:
- Identify the practical impact the FFCRA could have on paid leave obligations, including how to:
- Determine employees’ eligibility for protected leave and how much leave they could be entitled to
- Handle the administration of accrued personal or sick leave during the first 14 days of the FFRCA
- Navigate medical documentation and employee privacy issues without violating federal law
- Determine when your mandatory compliance obligations kick in and how long they’ll be in effect
- Interpret the practical implication of new paid sick and safe time leave laws at the state and local level
- Recognize how paid sick and family leave laws generally interact with existing leave laws, such as the FMLA and ADA when leave is granted as a reasonable accommodation
- High-risk compliance areas to watch for when responding to requests for paid sick or safe leave, and how not to misstep
- Determine what qualifies as paid sick time or other protected time off
- Provide employees with up-to-date information on their rights under the law, and how to update your company's existing sick time and safe time policies
- Navigate state and local paid sick and family leave laws and regulations when your organization operates on a multi-state or national level
- Implement a practical approach for updating and administrating your paid sick and family leave policy so you remain vigilant and in compliance with the laws applying to your particular organization
- And much more!
Who Will Benefit:
- All Employers
- Business Owners
- Company Leadership
- Compliance professionals
- Payroll Administrators
- HR Professionals