Garnishments are a requirement of conducting business and having employees, but things can often get confusing. Knowing and keeping up to date with requirements of different types of garnishments, as well as state and federal laws, is no easy task. Obtain tips and tools which will make your job easier, by attending this webinar.
During this webinar, our expert speaker will walk you through the subject of garnishment, discussing the subject in thorough detail and providing answers to any questions you might have. You will learn about your company’s responsibilities regarding garnishment orders, recent legislation challenges, federal guidelines, best practices for keeping up with the constantly changing legislation, and you will also learn about federal and state regulations with regard to applicable earnings.
The webinar covers Child Support Review, Levy Review and Creditor Garnishments, and topics discussed will include: employer responsibility, multiple orders, child support withholding requirements, calculation of disposable pay, lump-sum payments, calculating child support payments, administrative fees, when to remit payments, handling terminated employees, electronic income withholding orders, medical support orders, and details of state requirements.
However, that is not all. Other topics such as tax levies (federal and state) will also be discussed during the webinar, and our speaker will go into detail about forms, priorities, deductions, special situations, remittance requirements, voluntary deductions, and others.
All webinar attendees will be provided handouts to enable them to remember and properly implement the training they have received. These handouts include a PowerPoint presentation.
- Understand the responsibilities your company has, with regard to types garnishment orders
- Review federal and state regulations with regard to applicable earnings
- Discuss recent legislation challenges
- Learn the best practices on how to keep up with the constantly changing legislation
- Learn about federal guidelines such as Consumer Credit Protection Act, Federal IRS Levy Requirements, State Specific Levy and Garnishment Withholding Requirements
- Recent legislation challenges will be discussed and best practices on how to keep up with changing legislation
Who will benefit:
The following people will benefit from, and therefore should attend this webinar:
- Payroll Professionals
- Human Resource Professionals
- Compensation Professionals
- Personnel working in Accounting and Benefits