ISO 45001:2018 is the successor to OHSAS 18001, and it is structured according to Annex SL which is standard for all ISO standards. This webinar will begin with the very real benefits of occupational health and safety, and continue with an ISO 45001 overview with particular focus on its most important clauses. ISO 45001 requirements differs from other ISO standards with its emphasis on workforce participation.
ISO 45001 standard helps organisations take occupational health and safety to the highest level. Conformance to ISO 45001 will even go a long way toward equipping organizations to meet the requirements of OSHA's Voluntary Protection Program (VPP), which offers additional benefits. This webinar will describe how workplace safety committees and empowerment of workers (and other relevant interested parties) to file near miss reports gives workers central roles in identifying and removing potential hazards before they can cause any harm.
Why Should You Attend
Bottom line benefits include not only lower experience modification ratings (EMRs) for worker's compensation insurance but also avoidance of the indirect cost of workplace injuries which can be 3 to 7 times the direct costs.
Another benefit of safer workplaces includes a lower Days Away Restricted or Transferred (DART) case rate. This webinar will provide attendees with an overview of ISO 45001:2018 with a focus on its key clauses, workforce participation requirement and how to lower worker's compensation premiums, and also support for OSHA's Voluntary Protection Program (VPP).
Session Highlights :
- Use job safety analysis (JSA) to identify and remove hazards.
- Apply OHS to contractors and external suppliers.
- Initiate corrective and preventive action (CAPA) for hazardous situations.
- Know the benefits of inherently safer technology (IST).
- Apply "Can't rather than don't" to make injuries impossible. Lockout-tagout is a form of "can't rather than don't."
- Know the benefits of occupational health and safety (OHS) in terms of the business case with which to gain buy-in from all stakeholders.
- Know the overall structure of ISO 45001 with focus on its most important clauses.
- Know how to implement ISO 45001 clauses on workforce participation through workplace safety committees and empowerment of workers (and others) to file near-miss reports for unsafe situations.
- Know how off the shelf methods such as 5S, ISO 9001:2015 (clauses 7.1.3 and 7.1.4), and error proofing ("can't rather than don't") can eliminate 11 of Henry Ford's 12 root causes of accidents.
- Apply management of change (MOC) to assess changes in personnel, equipment, methods, materials in the traditional cause and effect diagram for unintended and undesirable consequences.
Who Will Benefit:
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Safety Engineer
- Occupational Health and Safety Professional
- Executive responsible for workplace safety