Keep the Team on Track and Finish by the Deadline Using Microsoft Outlook
Well-known business writer Tom Peters asked, “How does a major project get to be a year late?” Then he answered his own question: “One day at a time.” Getting team members on the same wave length, channeling their energy, and keeping them on track to finish on time takes meticulous planning and execution. In the planning and execution phase of projects, Microsoft Outlook is a valid and valuable tool. There is no need to purchase additional, expensive project management software.
The first step is to evaluate how your team members are using Microsoft Outlook. If they are using Microsoft Outlook mainly to send and receive email, they are leaving about 85% of the power of Microsoft Outlook unused. Join this webinar with expert speaker Karla Brandau, where you will learn how the Inbox and Calendar folders work in tandem with the Task folder, overcoming hurdles that delay projects and creating a methodical way to meet deadlines. With Task folder features, you, as the project manager, can receive up-to-date information on the status of completion for assigned tasks for each team member.
If you would like your team to be more productive and keep on top of its project deadlines, sign the entire team up for this webinar. Team members will learn the secrets of making Outlook a tool for exponential productivity, and your unit will gain company-wide recognition for completing projects on time.
- Use the Tasks folder as a project goal setting tool
- Make additional Task folders for major projects
- Customize column headings in the Task folders, enabling the user to view project-relevant information
- Use Tasks and the Calendar in tandem to finish projects on time
- Set reminders
- Customize reminder windows with REAL information
- Use the To-Do Bar to maintain focus
- Assign tasks
- Record details and time spent on each project task
- Document each goal with the start date, end date and mini-tracking deadlines
Who Should Attend:
- Team leaders
- Team members
- Project managers
- Group leads