The Microsoft Excel program is a spreadsheet consisting of individual cells that can be used to build functions, formulas, tables, and graphs that easily organize and analyse large amounts of information and data.
Excel provides a large number of built-in functions that can be used to perform specific calculations or to return information about your spreadsheet data. These functions are grouped into categories (text, logical, math, etc.) to help you to find the function that you need.
Our Excel expert David Ringstrom(CPA), covers spreadsheet basics, the different file types you can create, keyboard shortcuts to simplify repetitive tasks, gaining control over long lists of data, and much more.
- Gain the ability to work confidently with Excel spreadsheets.
- Identify how to skip confusing menus by way of time-saving mouse tricks and keyboard shortcuts.
- Understand the structural basics of Excel worksheets and workbooks.
- Apply some basic data-analysis techniques.
- Eliminating duplicates from a list with just a few mouse clicks.
- Discovering the Recommended PivotTables feature.
- Navigating large workbooks with ease by way of a hidden menu as well as keyboard shortcuts.
- Becoming familiar with Excel’s grid of rows and columns.
- Exploring the Recommended Charts feature in Excel 2013 and later.
- Managing column widths within your spreadsheets.
- Minimizing effort in Excel by only selecting cells when necessary.
- Overviewing the different types of files you can create in Excel.
- Streamlining the process of printing spreadsheets to .PDF format.
- Jump-starting data visualization with the Quick Analysis feature.
- Using a custom number format to hide zero amounts within a specific area of a spreadsheet.
- Jump-starting spreadsheet projects by using free, prebuilt templates in Excel.
Who will Benefit:
Any Excel user who needs to go beyond the basics of using formulas or simply wants to become more comfortable and productive in using Excel formulas and functions.