Take Your Reports to the Next Level
No matter what business you are in, a report is a critical tool in your communication armory. As with any communication tool, presentation is everything. Get it right and it offers the reader (typically a CEO, shareholder or Project Manager) a valuable insight into the Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) upon which a business or project is measured. Get it wrong and you'll end up with something that nobody understands and nobody wants to read.
Excel reporting skills are in high demand! This webinar How to Create High-Impact Excel Reports by Mike Thomas will provide you with a solid foundation that you can use to build your own reports. In this training session, you'll learn not only how to turn raw data into meaningful information but also how to present that data in a visually attractive way. The webinar supports MS Excel 2010, 2013 and 2016 version of MS office software.
This class will focus on four key areas: (1) pivot tables, (2) charts and graphs, (3) the power view report add-on, and (4) presenting geographic information. You’ll learn how to: create a basic pivot table, display numbers as percentages (without using formulas), and enhance and customize a standard chart. Thomas will also show you how to use Excel’s Power Map, a function of the 2013 and 2016 editions that displays data on an interactive 3D map. If you are looking to take your Excel skills to the next level— and create visual reports that bring data to life—you can’t miss this class!
Here is a taste of what you will uncover:
- Charts: style and design tips and tricks to tell your story and convince your audience
- Charts: creating powerful infographics using built-in Excel functionality
- Pivot tables: fundamentals
- Pivot tables: percentages in five clicks without formulas
- Pivot tables: fonts, number formatting and layout options
- Pivot tables: grouping data based on month or numeric range
- Power View: create a visually stunning interactive report (2013 & 2016 only)
- PowerMap: an Excel add-in that lets you display and analyze geographic data as a visual map (2013 & 2016 only)
At the Q&A session following the live event, ask a question and get a direct response from our expert speaker.
Who Should Attend:
- Anyone who wants to be an Excel 2010-16 power user
- This training is categorized as intermediate to advanced. It is aimed at existing users of Excel who need to learn how to create visually impactful Excel reports.