Understand How the IRS Collects Taxes and Identify Options for Resolving Your Client's Tax Issue
If the IRS determines that your client has a balance due, it can file and record a lien against their property, garnish their wages, levy their bank accounts, and seize their assets. If you want to help your clients who owe taxes to the IRS, this is a must attend training session for you.
Join this session, where expert speaker Eric Green will cover the entire IRS collection process and will review IRS activities such as:.
- How it collects taxes?
- How it uses tax liens and tax levies to collect taxes?
- Opportunities for resolving your clients' tax issue
The session will also cover collection appeals and the options for resolving a back-tax liability, including offers-in-compromise, installment agreements, uncollectable status and bankruptcy. You will get to know when the collection appeals opportunities exist and how to request them. You will also understand the various forms of installment agreements.
You will leave this session with an understanding of how the IRS collects taxes and you will be able to identify the various options for resolving your client's tax issue, and when to use each option. You will also understand how tax liens and tax levies work, how practitioners can get them removed, and how to file a collection appeal and to use the appeals process for getting your client's case resolved.
- How the IRS collection process works?
- When collection appeals opportunities exist and how to request them?
- How tax levies work and how to help client's avoid them?
- How to have tax liens removed, discharged or subordinated?
- Understand how the IRS reviews an offer-in-compromise
NASBA & IRS Category of Study: Taxes
Who should attend?
- Accounting Professionals
- Tax Professionals
- Enrolled Agents