This program has been approved for 1.0 PDCs toward SHRM certification hours.
The program is pre-approved for 1 credit hour under HRCI
The OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) is the highest award in Health and Safety Excellence that OSHA presents to an organization. This training program will guide attendees with best practices in implementing the OSHA VPP program. It will offer a broad overview of how to work with OSHA to achieve VPP site implementation success.
Why Should You Attend
Navigating the complexities of the OSHA VPP can be complex and overwhelming to any organization, especially if you are a new or seasoned Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) professional assigned to facilitate this role. The purpose of this webinar will be to give an introduction and a comprehensive overview of the OSHA VPP program. The webinar will give easy to use tools and take-aways to develop a comprehensive strategy to implement the VPP program within an organization. This includes a comprehensive question and answer session in relation to OSHA VPP site implementation.
Join safety consultant Joe Keenan as he introduces you to OSHA’s Voluntary Protection Program and tells you why it matters. He’ll outline best practices for implementing an OSHA Voluntary Protection Program and help you understand how to engage employees, supervisors, and senior management in a Voluntary Protection Program that works.
- Introduction and overview of the OSHA VPP Program
- Define the 4 Key Elements and Sub Elements of the OSHA VPP Program
- Define how to get a baseline of a Safety Culture within your Facility
- Define how to best engage Employees and Senior Management in the Safety Process for VPP Site Implementation
- Fully comprehend the benefits of establishing a VPP Mentor for VPP Site Implementation
- Understand how to work with OSHA to achieve VPP Site Implementation Success
- Define how to properly fill out and submit the OSHA VPP Application
- Discuss Best Practices and Take-Aways in VPP Site Implementation
- Answer specific questions or concerns as it relates to OSHA VPP Site Implementation at your Facility
Who Will Benefit:
- Maintenance Workers
- Production Supervisors
- Plant Managers
- Occupational Health & Safety Professionals
- General Managers
- Safety Committee Members
- Business Owners
- Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Professionals
- Corporate EHS Professionals
- Insurance Professionals
- Loss Prevention Specialists
- Loss Prevention Managers