Using Microsoft Excel formulas and functions are a time-saving, efficient and smart way to working with data – big or small. Access to clean and reliable data combined with the ability for fast calculation and data analysis are keys to making fast and effective business decisions. For example, preparing a financial model using Excel becomes much more efficient and easier with the help of functions like SUMIF, AVERAGE, NPV, PMT and many other functions. Another example might be doing payroll, overtime sheet, or even a sales commission sheet using functions such as IF, COUNT and so on.
However, your Excel formulas and functions can grow out of control, especially when you’re taking ownership of tons of data form others or working your way through complex data sets on spreadsheets.
Join us for this webinar with professional Excel spreadsheet trainer and consultant, David Ringstorm, CPA, as he shows you various ways to work with complicated formulas in Excel spreadsheets and using summing functions while helping you become an expert with IF, AND, OR and more!
After attending this webinar, you’ll have an abundance of tricks at your disposal to quickly decipher even the most complex formulas and functions in Excel spreadsheets. David will demonstrate every technique at least twice: first on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in the subscription-based Office 365 version of Excel. He will also explain any differences in the older versions of Excel (2019, 2016, 2013, and earlier) during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. Plus, David will provide an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he’ll be using in this session.
- How to move through formulas in slow motion
- Benefits of using Range names
- Using Trace Precedents and Trace Error features to identify linked cells
- Applying Excel’s IFERROR function to compensate for temporary situations where a formula may return an error
- Learn how to avoid complex IF statements
- Applying the COUNTIF function to determine the number of times an item appears on a list
- Know when to use the ISERROR function or the ISNA function vs. the IFERROR function
- Applying the INDIRECT and OFFSET functions to create more flexible formulas
- The three different contexts for Excel’s SUMPRODUCT function
- Identify how to use SUBTOTAL to streamline summing multiple areas of a spreadsheet
- The pros and cons of using the F9 key within Excel’s formula bar
- Comparing the MIN, SMALL, MAX and LARGE functions
- Comparing and contrasting IFNA, IFERROR and ISERROR functions
- How to view two worksheets from within the same workbook at the same time
- Simplifying repetitive tasks by creating your own keyboard shortcuts
- Streamlining formula writing by using the Use in Formula command
- Saving time when aggregating data from multiple worksheets with Excel’s INDIRECT function
- Using the SUMIF function to summarize data based on a single criterion
- And much more!
Who Will Benefit:
- Income Tax Preparers
- Financial Consultants
- Human Resource Personnel
- Excel Users