Understand How Your Clients Can Receive Relief from Joint Tax Obligations Under the IRS Innocent Spouse Rules
Spouses have contradictory views many times after filing a joint return as to who should be responsible for a resulting tax obligations when the IRS comes to call. The IRS recently introduced its innocent spouse rules which will enable many taxpayers to get relief from joint tax obligations.
This 2-hour long learning session by expert speaker Robert E. McKenzie will provide you a better understanding of innocent spouse rules and injured spouse relief. You will become familiar with the requirements of innocent spouse relief. You'll learn who should file for relief, and when and how to file for the same, as well as essential procedures and preparation of forms to get relief.
Also, get practical, real-world case studies and examples and valuable tools such as completed tax forms, templates, lists, timelines and more.
- Understand the who, how, and when of filing a relief
- Review and understand injured spouse relief
- Essential procedures and preparation of forms to get relief
- Understand the clients' appeal options
- Know the latest rules for §6015(f) (equitable relief) and retroactive remedies available
- Understand the application of community property rules
- Review IRS collection-related remedies
- Understand the requirements of innocent spouse relief
- Review the methods for asserting innocent spouse
- Review reported cases and IRS innocent spouse application
- Become familiar with the most effective ways to represent your client
Who Should Attend:
- CPAs and Enrolled Agents
- Finance and Accounting Professionals
- Accounting and taxation firms
- Law firms dealing with tax issues
- Profit businesses involved in joint ventures with nonprofit organizations