Suppose there’s a lone gunman in your workplace. What do you do in such a situation? The incident has been occurring increasingly often across the United States, and as such, you are at risk. So, learn what to do, and how to handle the situation, in case you have an active shooter in your workplace.
According to recent statistics, Active Shooter workplace incidents have quadrupled in the last four years. Orlando, San Bernardino, Sandy Hook and the Maryland Malls are all recent examples of these chaotic and kinetic incidents. What makes these incidents even more terrifying is the fact that they happen very fast – with the killings being over before the police can respond.
Some topics of discussion include: where Active Shooters come from, what the gunman’s mindset is and what his motivations are, how to respond within the first few seconds and minutes of the incident, whether you should consider arming our employees, and understanding the concept of RUN/HIDE/FIGHT, and what it means in a lone gunman situation. Another important topic discussed during the webinar will be knowing how your police department will respond to the incident, do you don’t get in their way, and aid them as much as possible.
All webinar attendees will be provided handouts which will help them remember and make the most of the training they have received.
- Find out where Active Shooters come from
- Find out what the gunman’s mindset is, as well as his motivation behind the crime
- Learn how you and your people should respond in the first few minutes
- Learn how your police department will respond in your workplace
- Decide whether you want to arm your employees. Find out the pros and cons
- Learn what RUN/HIDE/FIGHT means in context of a lone gunman in your workplace
Who will benefit:
The following people will benefit from, and should therefore attend, this webinar:
- Workplace Violence Prevention Personnel
- Safety Management Professionals
- Emergency Prep Coordinators
- Business Owners
- HR Professionals
- Top Management