Be Prepared to Help Individual Taxpayers Navigate the 2018 Tax Reform Changes
Though many provisions of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) affect businesses, it has a significant impact on individual taxpayers as well. The changes that have taken effect in 2018 for individual taxpayers will expire only after 2025.
This session by tax attorney, Matthew E. Rappaport, will dive into the details regarding the changes affecting individual taxpayers. Matthew will discuss and review changes in individual deductions, exemptions and credits, as well as changes affecting homeownership decisions.
He will also explain the concept of “filing one’s taxes on a postcard” and the limitation of the deduction for state and local taxes – including the viability of state-level legislation designed to circumvent the limitation. Attending this webinar will help you add value to your clients by helping them understand and navigate the 2018 tax reform changes.
- Changes impacting the preparation of IRS Form 1040 for the taxable years 2018-2025
- Understanding the way the TCJA will affect your everyday clients
- Possible outcome of the SALT deduction limitation and the responses put forth by state legislatures in high-tax jurisdictions
- Planning options for individuals to best adapt to the new statutory environment
Who Will Benefit:
- Accounting professionals
- CPAs of small, medium and large firms
- Enrolled agents (EAs)
- Small business owners
- Nonprofit professionals